London Marathon Events are looking for a Senior Communications Manager to join their team.
The company organises some of the biggest and best mass participation sports events in the UK including the Virgin Money London Marathon, the Prudential RideLondon festival of cycling and Swim Serpentine.
We are a not-for-profit organisation and any surplus we make is given to The London Marathon Charitable Trust to improve sports and recreation in the areas where we organise events.
Our company values are: Integrity, Excellence, Together, Inspiration and Fun.
We are looking for a Senior Communications Manager to join the Communications Department.
This is an exciting new role, created following the recent restructure of the company. You will be responsible for the delivery of the communications strategy for promoting and growing all the events organised by the company and you will also play a key role in the press office at our events.
Reporting to: Head of Communications, key responsibilities include:
– managing the delivery of the communications strategy for all our events and The London Marathon Charitable Trust
– proactive and reactive media management
– organising media events as required
– issues management
– working closely with commercial partners and their agencies to deliver bespoke communications plans
– line management of press office and social media teams
– mentoring and developing team members
– managing media monitoring
Your skills and experience
The ideal candidate will:
– have a minimum of three years’ experience in a senior communications, PR or media role in an agency, federation, press office or similar environment
– be a creative thinker with a good track record in managing PR campaigns that engage and deliver
– have experience in mentoring and developing teams
– have a good general knowledge of – and keen interest in – running, cycling and swimming
– have experience of working in a press office at major events
– have an established network of sports and news media contacts
– be a self-starter who is detail-oriented and highly organised
– be a team player with a positive outlook and the ability to stay calm under
pressure in a fast-changing environment
– be happy to muck in at events as required – this could be filling the coffee urn in the media centre or escorting an Olympic champion through the mixed zone
You will be expected to work some evenings and weekends when necessary at our events, which include the Virgin Money London Marathon, the Prudential RideLondon festival of cycling, the adidas Silverstone Half Marathon, the Vitality Westminster Mile, the Vitality London 10,000, Swim Serpentine and the Standard Chartered Great City Race.
As part of the online application process, you will be prompted for the following:
. A covering letter highlighting the reasons you are the right person for the job
. Your CV
. Two examples of previous campaigns you have worked on
. Your salary expectations
To apply for the role, please click here.
The closing date for applications is 19 February 2017.